This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, July 10, 2015

Old Houses, Old Memories

Old houses bring back memories quicker than almost anything else.  They are tangible reminders of yesteryear and often have the same features to them as when I was a little girl. It is so weird how transforming it can be to my brain.  Suddenly I am in my grandmother's kitchen or bathroom...or playing in my brothers' bedroom.  It is both comforting and sad.
Recently while on vacation, we visited some friends of ours who had moved out of state. Their house turns 100 this year.  I asked if I could take some pictures and write about it without revealing and names or particulars.  They graciously agreed.
So here are some treasures for you.  They most likely will never be repeated.



This is a handcarved knob.

Love that these open!



Floor grating


This is wallpaper that lined the cabinets in the kitchen.


This is a TV tray that folds to fit in the stand below.  So cool!





I sometimes wonder if years from now, my house will be a reminder to someone else.  Maybe...but they just don't do excellence in all of the houses now like they did back then.  I am thankful I can remember the quality, along with the sweetness of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment