This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Inside Snow

Before our lesson began, I told my Sunday School class that we would do something really fun that day.  Of course, they started looking around the room for a hint.  I said it is something that would never happen in July.
One boy said, "Play in the snow?"
"Yes!" I answered.
Then there eyes scanned the room again.   "How?"
We proceeded with our lesson on Nebuchanezzar's dream and how he ended up in a field eating grass, with long matted hair, and bird-like claws because he chose to glorify himself instead of God. Honestly, we humans just don't get it, do we?  We forget it is the Lord who gives and takes.  Blessed be HIS name.
Back to snow...
I pulled out my bag of tricks and divided up the class.  I only had nine that day, so it was very doable. Four boys and five girls, so Hannah joined the boys.  (She has seven brothers, so she fit right in.)
Inside the bag were about 150 paper wads.  We had the perfect snowball fight.  They did not melt and the ammo was easy to return in fire.  The pictures are blurry because no one dared to stop for a picture, risking a hit. Enjoy!  (Video at bottom)


The team with the most snowballs lost, as it indicated that the other team threw the most balls. (Girls won, BTW)





No comments:

Post a Comment