This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Invading Perfection

God is on His throne at all times...surrounded by holiness.
Psalm 47:8  God reigns over the nations; God sits on his holy throne. 
Psalm 103:19  The LORD has established his throne in the heavens, and his kingdom rules over all. 
Isaiah 66:1  Thus says the LORD: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest? 
Isaiah 6:1-3   In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple.  2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.  3 And one called to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!" 
There have been times when approaching God's throne, I was not sure He could hear me because of crying children or voices raised in anger, barking dogs, and noisy vices.  Sometimes it is my own thoughts that wander off track and divert my efforts to pray.  I am one person.  Multiply that by many thousands - all of us making our requests known in the midst of the complete chaos we live in. What an invasion into perfection our prayers must be!  How sweet those "holys" must sound to Him in contrast.  Yet He hears.  He wants me to talk with Him and though I am not in heaven yet, my voice is heard there, as is yours.  My words coincide with the sounds of angels...as do yours.
1 John 5:14-15  And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.  15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. 
Psalm 18:6  In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears. 
From His temple, He hears me!  In the midst of all things loud, He hears me.  In the times of silent bliss, He hears me.
Isaiah 57:15   For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment