This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, February 23, 2015

A Whole Heart and A Willing MInd

My heart is so unstable at times.  It holds love and hatred, joy and depression, forgiveness and bitterness often within the same day, hour, minute.  It's a heart...with emotions ranging off the chart in either direction.  I am a slave to the information I choose to take in and accept and dissect and rehash like a cow chewing her cud.  This is never profitable...unless it is.
1 Chronicles 28:9  "And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought..."
A whole heart and a willing mind.  That's the key right there.  What I think on fills my heart and dictates my actions.  I can know truth and choose to love, to have joy, to forgive.  God is very interested in every filthy corner and hidden closet of my heart.  He is all about cleaning house and redirecting thoughts.
This morning, I felt a heaviness not unfamiliar to me.  I wanted it gone.  My friend sent me a text soon after those thoughts.  (This is just one way God redirects..) She wrote:
Psalm 89:15  Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk, O LORD, in the light of your face...
God knew I needed to be reminded to acclaim Him and walk in the light of His presence and not in the familiar worry so eager to greet me.  With my willing mind and my whole heart, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment