This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, February 5, 2015

God Is Never In a Hurry

I heard this statement on the radio last week: 'God is never in a hurry.'  As I listened to this idea of God never hurrying, it made me stop and think.  Really? Never? 
Hmm. Okay. He knows what is going to happen next in every instance of life and nothing ever takes Him by surprise, so why would He rush to act on anything?  The very idea of God at peace on His throne, ruling wisely and accurately, while ordaining all that comes to pass gives me assurance that I can trust all He brings my way.
Often hurry happens on the inside, causing anxiousness...and we know what scripture says about that. My thoughts can race as I gaze at a long list of things to do, or hear of needs waiting to be met.   Sometimes the next thing to do is obvious, but on many days the choice is mine.
So, I am challenged to set a few priorities, fulfill my obligations, reach out to others, maintain some kind of order in my house (thankfully Tommy is super easy-going in this area), stretch my own comfort zone (I love my comfort zone...alot), along with all the other things that will come my way later on.
I want to learn from my Maker - to please Him and be patient.  To wear love and be flexible, knowing I can't see ahead of 'now', but He can.  I may need to speed things up in dire situations, but if I am always in a hurry, I'm less likely to see any changes that might occur and more likely to panic when they do.
There are twenty-four hours in every day and sixty minutes in each of those hours.  Let's calm down and become effective and intentional for the Lord.  He has a plan to make our days count for His kingdom. How can we follow Him, if we are always running ahead? After all, God is never in a hurry.

Micah 6:8  He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment