This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Everyone Wants Something From Someone

Everyone wants something from someone. It may be something tangible and valuable, but most of the time it is invisible and costs nothing: a hug, a nod of approval, a smile, affirmation, confirmation.  It isn't that everyone wants something from everyone, but everyone wants something from someone - and usually it's a particular person.
Moms want hugs from their children.
Children want acceptance from their parents.
Employees want recognition from their bosses.
Wives want love from their husbands and husbands want respect from their wives.
If my self worth depends on another human being, I am in big trouble. Man will always fail man sooner or later.  If the people/things around me are what brings me comfort and security, then let me become blind to them.  If money in the bank and possessions are what bring me pleasure, then let them be burned.  If my peace and joy are determined by anything this world has to offer, I am destined for disappointment. I will never be satisfied. NO ONE on earth can bear the reponsibility of making someone else happy all the time.  It is impossible...and yet we expect it from others every day.
What I put between me and God hides His face from me.  Oh, how He longs to see my face and be my Source of peace and joy. God never fails man.

1 John 2:15-17  Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world- the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions- is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. 

Romans 15:13  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. 

Romans 5:5  Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment