This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Morning Conversation With My Youngest Brother

Siblings have a language all their own at times.  It is unique and not everyone would understand the underlying connection made by the odd humor shared.  Though invisible, it is there and it brings a smile that lingers through the day.  I never see it coming, but I recognize the familiar key words to the progression into insanity. Once the word "mummy" is said, anything goes.
Early this morning, my brother brought over some soup in a crock pot for tonight's get together.  He has a key, so he came in and left the pot on the kitchen counter as we were still asleep.  I called him when I got up and asked him when to plug it in.
Me: Do I just plug it in?  Kasie has it set on low.
Wilbur: Yes, I guess so.  There is a cold front coming in and with it are coming some mummies, so watch out.
(There it is.)
Me: Do they have their blankies?
Wilbur: Some do, but the ones that don't are really mad.
Me: Do they have bologna sandwiches?
Wilbur: No, but they know Godzilla.
Me: Everyone knows Godzilla.
Wilbur: He is the big man on campus.
Me: Is that what it says on their Capital One cards - 'I know Godzilla?'

And then my day begins.  Just thought I would make you either smile or wonder at my maturity level.  Either works for me.  I am sixty, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment