This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Carpe Diem

Carpe diem.  Noun. Latin 1817. The enjoyment of the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future.  Pluck the day.  Seize the day.
Originating from a poem by Quintus Horatius Flaccus, more widely known as Horace.
The line in the poem is translated "Seize the day, put very little trust in tomorrow."
What a nugget of truth to be grasped!  Are you like me?  Do you ever fail to seize the day...or the moment?
Am I making the most of the time given me?  Will I one day think, "I wanted to do more, say more, play more?"  I doubt any of us will want to have worked more.  This moment, this day is what you and I have.  Seize it to the best of your abilities.
What difference can you make for someone else?  Do it!

James 4:13-14  Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit" yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. 

Proverbs 27:1  Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment