This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, July 1, 2013

O Me Of Little Faith

Have you ever started to earnestly pray for someone's life to change, and over time the once zealous prayer became little more than an occasional thought?  I have seen it happen quite often in my own life - especially when the subject of the prayer is a rebellious soul...someone who has chosen to live without regard for others and without regard for God at all.
Their names are on prayer lists for so long that they become commonplace and barely seen. Before long, they are not seen at all.  The fervor of the request has died and there is no belief that anything will ever happen.  Shame on us. Shame on me.

Proverbs 15:29  The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous. 

I do not feel very righteous when I fail to pray for those I love.  Perhaps this makes evident my lack of love.
Just when I was not looking...when I was too busy being exasperated, God worked.  Wait a minute.  God worked???  Where was I?
The person on my list begins to live a life that appears to be making a turn.  I do not trust what I am seeing.  Surely it is a trick.  I stick my big toe into his life.  Hmmm. Seems real.  I engage in conversation.  Hmmm.  He says the right things. (As if I am the one who could see the heart.)
I observe him going through some trials.  He is patient.  He is calm.  Wow, God.  You are amazing.  You had a plan in spite of me and my doubts.  You saw a soul when I saw an annoyance.
The Lord has done what only He can do.  I only wish my faith had not been so weak.  I am glad to know that someone's life isn't dependent on my zealousness.  I bow before Him in such gratitude and praise, and ask forgiveness.  His example of unconditional love speaks a piercing truth to my soul...love never fails.

Lamentations 3:22  The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; 

O Lord, let me stand with those who remain faithful in bringing names to Your throne.  May I never cease to offer intercessory prayers.  Thank You that someone's salvation does not depend on my earnestness.  You sit on Your throne and do as You please.

Psalm 115:3  Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases. 

May my prayers be constant as I love others enough to talk to You about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment