This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, June 28, 2013

I Missed You, Blog

Dear Blog,
I have missed you.  Life has been busy, but fun.  Today Tommy and I took three of our grandchildren to a local pool.  It is wonderful for children of any age.  Half of the pool is only 2 feet deep or under.  No worries, mommies.  My phone tells me it will be 100 degrees for the next two days....and my phone is never wrong.  (:/)  So we headed out for cooler places.  It never fails...wherever we go, someone knows Tommy and today was no different.  He was playing with Luke, Emma, and Bella when a little girl approached him.
Little girl:  Are these your grandchildren?
Tommy: Yes
Little girl:  I knew it.  I recognized you.
Tommy: You did?
LIttle girl: Yes, you are a grandpa.
Yes, he is...and happy about it, too.  Tonight is the last night of Vacation Bible School and everyone is glad, except of course, the children.  As my friend Jessica put it, "We start out on Monday night with a bang of enthusiasm and by Thursday we are dragging."  Friday night the enthusiasm will return, propelled by the exuberant fact that we made through another week of VBS. Every year it is the same.
My bones are weary, my body hurts, but my spirit is good and my love for children strong.  And so it goes....  Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment