This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, June 10, 2013

Never For Only One Reason



Romans 8:28  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 

That verse is often used to comfort and remind.  Sometimes it is very hard to believe.  God's word is always true, even if it doesn't always feel true.  (can't trust those feelings - they often betray you)
When God allows trials to come our way, or He chooses another path for us than the one we wanted, or when we fight against the 'goad' with which He is chastening us - remember He is God, always good, always right, always just.
What happens to us is never for just one reason.  Chances are others are involved.  There is comfort in knowing that someone may someday benefit from the pain and agony we are going through right now.  God is teaching us to trust Him.
He works all things for good if we love Him and lay our burdens at His feet. All things.

1 Peter 5:6-7  Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment