This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, July 22, 2013

My Sunday School Class

This is my Sunday School class...

and this is my Sunday School class.
Most of the time they resemble the children in the latter picture...really.
I love them all in spite of everything they torment me with.  They make me laugh and I must say that I have shed some tears over them as well.  At this time each year, my heart grows a little sad at the thought of upcoming promotion.  I will lose some to the 4th through 6th grade class....and I will gain some from the preschool class.  The cycle of life occurs everywhere.
The ones entering will barely know how to read, if at all, and they will try to impress me with corny jokes and rabbit trails that divert us from the lesson, but sometime during mid-winter, maturity kicks in and the light bulbs begin to glow over their sweet little heads.
Through the years there have been a variety of themes that make their way into the cards we create for the nursing home, or Mother's Day, or Father's Day...according to the popular trends of the day. This year the boys have been obsessed with guns and arrows, castles and dragons, and the ever favorite dinosaur.  Girls usually stick to the prettier things in life...butterflies, hearts, and flowers.  I do not know what the elderly think when given a valentine with a machine gun spraying bullets into a red or pink heart.  It probably does not matter at all when it comes from a smiling child.
There are five sets of siblings in this picture.  If you have nothing else to do today, see if you can match them up.  While you are at it, pray for each adorable face.


No comments:

Post a Comment