This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, July 15, 2013

Taking Time

I have always tried to write of what I know...to be me on these typed pages.  Life has kept me busy and while there are no regrets for my activities, this blank page seems hard to fill just now.  It isn't a bad thing or a good thing...just unusual.  Journaling over the years has been sporadic at best and my blog has been a good way to keep it up, but all of the ink seems to have leaked out of my head.
My prayer life has suffered as well.  Quick words spoken from my heart or my lips - with good intentions, but...is that how it is supposed to be?  I don't think so.  He is in my thoughts throughout the day...so, why is staying before the throne like trying to keep a paddle ball in one place?
He hears my every word, my every conversation, but am I taking time to hear Him - to tell Him all that is inside me - then to wait...for His peace that passes all understanding?  It is already mine.  It is one of His promises to me. Let my days begin and end with Him who gave His Son that I might live.
Lord, keep teaching me that You are the answer to all of the very cares that surround me and invade my thoughts and push You out.    Thank You, thank You that Your throne stands forever. Your love never ends.  You are forever accessible to all that call upon Your name.  No other gods can stand before You. You are the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. Forever let Your name be praised...by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment