This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, April 26, 2013

Wolves and Foxes and Chicks and Goofballs

I was in my oldest son's bed, watching the movie "Narnia" with three of my grandchildren.
Now mind you, they have seen the movie more than once and were more infatuated with the fact that I had joined them.  If you have ever tried to watch a movie with two six year olds and a four year old in a queen size bed, then you know firsthand that it is a futile endeavor.
Some wolves and a fox came on the screen and as I am peering over Barbie and Bella, and Emma is putting lotion on my feet, and Luke is showing me his favorite blankie, I say, "You know that sometimes guys call girls 'foxes.'  This intrigued them.  Emma said "No way."   I said, "Yes, and guys can be wolves."
They giggled and laughed and asked what else can girls be and I answered, "chicks."
Emma:  "Chickies?" She ran into the other room asking her dad, "Can girls be chickies?"
Me correcting her: "No, chicks!"
She came back into the room with delight.
Me: "A long time ago when a guy would see a pretty girl, he would give a wolf whistle."
Emma:  "What did the girl say?"
Me: "Stop it!" and I waved my hand in the air as if to ignore the guy.
They all wanted to know what it sounded like.
Me: "Luke, call Grampy in here and ask him to give a wolf whistle."
Luke: "Okay, Grammy, you try to look like a pretty girl."  He was dead serious.
Me: (laughing so hard I almost fell off the bed)  "Okay, I will try."
So Tommy comes in and whistles and they all start giggling.
Emma: "What else can guys be?"
Me: "Goofballs."
So Emma, hysterical, said, "The goofball said 'woo hoo' (in a wolf whistle tone) and the chickie said 'stop it'."
Now, really.  Aren't kids a blast?

No comments:

Post a Comment