This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, April 29, 2013

Simple Consolation

Sometimes life just calls for baby steps.  We inch our way toward maturity...and often fall back more than we press forward.  As my list of things to do grows longer and other things in my heart grow heavier, I simply stand still and wish time would do the same.
There is a bigger picture.  Much bigger.  A grand design by the Grand Designer.  His definition of time has no meaning known to man, no beginning, no end.  He simply is.  He is at work with me on my list of things to do.  He sees the burdens in my heart and bears them with me.  I need reminding of this.
I will try and stop every day this week and remember that He wants me to succeed in living for Him more than I do.  He will overload me only to point where I realize that I am dependent totally on Him....a nice place to be.
My life is not hard...just desiring to run a steady race.

Psalm 94:18-19  When I thought, "My foot slips," your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul. 
Hebrews 4:16  Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 
May these scriptures encourage you as well.  Pressing on with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment