This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Note to Self and St. Andrew's

The title is deceiving.  It isn't a note to self and St. Andrew.  "Note To Self - The Discipline of Preaching to Yourself"  by Joe Thorn is a book I found when I wasn't looking. Because of the subtitle I thought it was for preachers, but I think it was written for me.  It takes an aspect of Christian living such as love, seeking God, or putting an end to complaining, and helps you apply it to yourself.  It reminds you to sing more, stop judging and sow grace.  I scooped up several copies.  
St. Andrew's Chapel is RC Sproul's church.  We went to the 9:00 service and thought we would be early.  Everyone was early.  We sat on the back row.
People kept pouring in and it was amazing how the ushers found seats for all of them.  The sanctuary itself did not seem very big, but it was in the shape of a cross and so there were wings on both sides.  We could not see how deep they were.
Sinclair Ferguson, one of the speakers at the conference preached a great message.  
The choir entered from the back of the church and opened the service from there with an invitation in song to enter into praise of the Lord Jesus and leave the world outside.
We all need to be reminded to do that as we worship.






The scroll in the glass case contains the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Old Testament.  It is a handwritten manuscript on many panels of leather which have been sewn together.  It is 300 to 400 years old.











Tommy and I had to park in the back lot on the grass.  This vine covered stone wall surrounded the area.  Just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment