This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, January 23, 2017

The Law, The Gospel, and Love


Image result for hand mirror
Scripture tells us that the Law of Moses in the Old Testament shows us our sin.  The Gospel in the New Testament washes it away.  The Law as it was written on stone tablets could be destroyed. The Gospel brings new life to all who will believe and it is permanent. It changes stony hearts to ones of flesh.  
The Law serves as a mirror to show us who we really are if we are brave enough to take a peek. The image before us isn’t pretty, but it is truthful.  When we look at the Law, we face a list of requirements we can’t possibly meet without a blood sacrifice. Thankfully, we no longer need to search for a spotless lamb to be slaughtered.  God supplied our once for all Perfect Lamb in His Son, Jesus.
Sacrifice: A nine letter word meaning grace, freedom, sanctification,  justification, forgiveness, life, and most of all Love.
So, I asked myself – Does my life give evidence of a permanently changed life?  Probably not every moment of every day, but even on my worst day, I am His; sanctified and redeemed. I am changed. I am living proof, not because there is anything redeemable in me, but because of Christ Jesus my Lord.
Paul to the Corinthians:
2 Corinthians 3:3-9   And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end, will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory?  For if there was glory in the ministry of condemnation, the ministry of righteousness must far exceed it in glory. 
Could there be any better news for you and me?  No. 
Matthew 5:17   "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." 

Image result for 2 corinthians 3:3




No comments:

Post a Comment