This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Nerds, Chess, and Kemah

My son Luke, his wife YuJueng (Julie), and daughter Mae are here for another day or two from Salt Lake City where he teaches music at the university. He and his brother Lee have been playing chess on the internet and recently took advantage of the opportunity to play in person. Luke also plays others from Russia, Holland, Germany, India, and S. Africa.
Nephew Levi was just as intense in watching. (Sorry for the blurry pic.)
The other night, while we were dining in a Chinese restaurant, he was playing Canada. His pensive look says it all.


Mae had finished her dinner and was taking pleasure in her chosen dessert - a box of Nerds.  She offered me a tiny piece.  I was humored by the analogy: nerds and Nerds. (Luke won, by the way.)
I intend to learn chess.  If he would stop long enough to teach me, I would learn from Luke, but then I am afraid he would see just how slow his mom is.
Afterward, we ventured to Kemah to shop and watch fireworks.




Happy New Year!  May the Lord's goodness and grace be so very real to you in the coming year. His steadfast love endures forever! Praise His holy name!

No comments:

Post a Comment