This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, January 9, 2017

Do Not Despair of Texas Winters

No snow in the southern part of the Lone Star State...but we have sand.  No frostbitten toes...but we have wet ones.  No frozen pipes...but we have salt water to chase us.
There is something about the beach that calls my name again and again.  I share that love with my loved ones as often as I can.  Mae had never been to feed the gulls or chase the water and have it chase her in return.  I think her delight was mine - as has been the case with all of my grandchildren.
The birds hovered above Luke's six foot five inch frame and gathered at our feet as we hustled to fill their demands for more food.  We took crackers along with leftover red and green chips from Christmas.  They would eat everything but the green chips.  They just lay there on the sand as if seaweed.
Memories are best captured with a camera - especially as I age and forget all too soon what happened yesterday, much less last month.  This was a great day.  See for yourself.














No comments:

Post a Comment