This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, February 17, 2017

A Funny Thing Happened On My Way Through Whataburger

I have developed an allergy to writing lately, but am working on a cure. Sometimes life offers a bit of humor and you just can't help but be grateful for simple moments of raw humanity.
On my way to my grandson Luke's Saturday morning basketball game, I decided to gain some popularity by showing up with breakfast.  Whataburger offers huge cinnamon rolls for a pretty penny.  After ordering four of them at a dollar ninety four each, I pulled up behind another car. By the time I got to the window, this is how the conversation went:
Young man around seventeen years old:  "That will be four eighty."
Me: "I think you mean eight forty."
Young man (stammering): "Oh, yeah. Sorry.  The girl in that car was so beautiful.  I, I am totally undone and discombobulated.."
I handed him the money.
Young man: "So, do you want ketchup with that?"
Me: "Um...no."
Young man (again stammering): "Oh, right... why would you want ketchup with cinnamon rolls? I'm sorry, I just can't get over that girl."
Me: "It's ok.  I remember those days."
I drove off smiling.  It was refreshing to see that cute girls can still undo young men and that young men will openly admit that they are flustered and unable to gain composure because of  them.
I delivered my rolls with the results I had hoped for.
Luke won his game 34 to 10. He is ten years old.  One day some girl will affect him in the same way. It's just one of the things that make the world go 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment