This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Camelot in Deer Park

This past week, my great nephew Oliver turned three.  I went by my niece Tamrynn's house to deliver his birthday present.  I was greeted at the door by a beautiful princess in a beautiful dress, Elsa, and a dragon just begging to be slain. Words failed me.
Elsa (Cherith) held a lid to a clothes hamper as her shield while she wielded her trusty spatula in defense. Princess Tamrynn held her cardboard protection against the dragon's flaming breath while staying his advance with her wooden spoon (also used at times as a tool of admonishment on the derrieres of said Elsa and Dragon.)  The Dragon Oliver was fearsome as he struggled to attach his clawed glove to his hand so he could portray the dangerous threat his female companions believed him to be.
Tamrynn indicated that this scenario was a regular occurrence in their dwelling. I commented that she - the mother of a four month old baby girl - should be very proud of the fact that she could fit into that dress.  She admitted that she was.
It is nice to know that Camelot is still in existence in all its glory.  A perfect world where valor, innocence, and victory still thrive.  You only think you know what goes on behind your neighbor's doors.
King Arthur showed up in time to whisk Elsa away in his chariot for a doctor's appointment.  It seems the flu has invaded Camelot.  I just hope I did not carry it into my castle.


No comments:

Post a Comment