This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, April 11, 2016

I am and He is

Over the weekend I read an article in my Tabletalk magazine entitled "DEAR SIR, I AM."
This question was asked G K Chesterton: What is wrong with the world today?  His answer:  I am.

Man is (and always has been) what's wrong with the world today. 
Isaiah 40:6-8,13 A voice says, "Cry!" And I said, "What shall I cry?" All flesh is grass, and all its beauty is like the flower of the field. The grass withers, the flower fades when the breath of the LORD blows on it; surely the people are grass. The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
"Surely the people are grass."  Surely we are...and we are withering.  Our lives were designed to reflect the holiness of God to a lost and dying world, and though we are all dying, we are not all lost. It is only because of His great salvation that the latter is not true for everyone.  
Scripture shows me time and again man's struggle to follow and obey.  Do I see my own failures when I read His word or do I point to those around me first, elevating myself just a bit? When compared to fallen man, no man rises above another. 
Isaiah 41:13  For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you."
It is God alone Who graciously gave us our Standard for living in the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:26-31   For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.  But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.  He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousness and sanctification and redemption. Therefore, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."
I am (flawed) and He is (my perfect Standard).  When I am (weak,) then He is (strong.)  I am (bought with a price) and He is (my Redeemer.)
I am and He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment