This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, April 4, 2016

Dear Google


Dear Google,
I tried.  Really I did.  My friends all told me that your calendar would make my life so much easier.  Maybe they did not see that I have gray hair and wrinkles.  Maybe they did not know that I was born with pen and paper in hand, or more likely a box of crayons and a coloring book and that my love for such things would only grow with the passing of time.  How could they? 
I learned at an early age what it meant to receive and return mail.  Mail.  Lovely letters of lovely love from my grandmother, school friends after I moved away, and to my sweetie when he was in the Navy.  Those simpler times tug at my heart even now, because I know they will never return.  People today are missing so much, but they just don’t realize it. Read the handwriting on the wall, people!  (That is if someone still handwrites anything.)
I am a voice in the wilderness (but my wilderness is a field of ink and manuscript and not a sea of technology.) Technology hates me and yes, I take that personal.  My fingers don’t fly very quickly on a flat surface about 2x6. My phone is smarter than I am…except it isn’t.  It only thinks it is. Random ridiculous words show up uninvited while I try to send a message. This happens to you as well and it will only get worse.  No wonder no one can spell.  They don’t have to.
Okay, I am chasing an elusive rabbit that runs into the future with the speed of light.  So, I will stop running, pick up my pen and write about it…to you.  Of course I have also given in to a bit of technology – only a bit – by using my computer…which also causes me grief at times.
My calendar will remain made of paper, not somewhere on a cloud, but in my flesh and boney hands.  I will be able to put stickers on it and draw hearts where I want them and use any color pen I choose.  Ahhh freedom!
Let us unite in a battle doomed from the start…with very few cheering us on.  Pick up your pens and write to someone you love.  I promise you will make them smile.  (But you just might need that dictionary...and a stamp.)
My friend Heather gave me these
wonderful seed packet stickers!
They look perfect on my PAPER
calendar.  Smile.


2 comments:

  1. Love this! And I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Madi, thank you fellow lover of all things paper! Sweet blessings to you! Finish school well...and never say die to the mighty pen!!

    ReplyDelete