This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, February 22, 2016

While On My Patio...


I am sitting on my patio today, grading prison homework.
It isn't that their answers are right or wrong, but sometimes they just copy each other (frowned upon) and sometimes they just need a word of "pink" encouragement, as I draw smiley faces and hearts.
My yard looks like trash, by the way.  My rabbit and snail statues peek at me through the weeds and say, "Can you see us?"
"Barely," I answer.
An unfamiliar soccer ball sits in the grass.  Not sure of its owner, but there it is.
My chimes make beautiful music without rhythm. I love them and find comfort in their awkward symphony.
Earlier today I was trying to add Google calendar to my life. Someone told me it would help me. Google. What a ridiculous name. After several hours, extreme frustration overtook me and I decided to toss my laptop on top of my compost pile and stir it in vigorously with a pitchfork, except...I don't have a compost pile or a pitchfork.  Sigh.  Hence the retreat to the patio.
Suddenly a mockingbird appears on the fence.  He makes every noise imaginable, saying. "pull your weeds, pull your weeds - I need water, I need water - trim your bushes, trim your bushes - cut your grass, cut your grass."  I want to shoot him.
Before long he is gone and I'm left with reminders ringing in my ears.  But maybe I am wrong. Maybe he was saying, "sit and rest, sit and rest - feel the sun, feel the sun - hear me sing, hear me sing - there's always tomorrow, there's always tomorrow."
Yes. That's his song. I'm sure of it.

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment