This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, November 21, 2014

A Busy Week

This week has kept me occupied with many things.  I have baked kids and kept cookies...I mean kept kids and baked cookies, been shopping with my granddaughter Ivy, decorated my house somewhat for the big turkey day and the bigger holiday in December.
We are navigating away from a huge Thanksgiving.  My year has held some stress and I sat down in the floor with my legs crossed and my arms folded, refusing to get up and cook for fifty. Everyone was really gracious when I backed out of the ordeal, and I am sure they will find a way to feed themselves without my help.  I had to find a way to get up off the floor alone.  (It is getting harder and harder to do that.)
This is Holden, my great nephew
We read a story before his nap.  Hey, how did those wrinkles get on my neck?

He slept three hours!  So I baked.

Jane Lynch's chocolate chip cookies.  Yum!!
Then I cooked a meal for my brother and his wife.  Green chile chicken in the crockpot.

I lightly browned the chicken in olive oil and butter.


Then I sauted onions.
Can you tell I have been watching the Pioneer Woman?


I use crockpot liners.  I put the chicken in and covered it with the onions and green chiles and a can of cream of chicken soup.  It cooked for about 4 hrs on high.  Actually, this looks kind of gross, but it was very good and I served it over rice.


Later in the week, I took Ivy shopping at the mall.  I never, well hardly ever, shop the mall, but I have this Lego guy in my life....named Luke.











Don't worry about her telling him...I bribed her with cookies, like any Grammy would.  Notice the broken arm.  It was busy last week, too.  In fact....I can't remember when it wasn't.  Perhaps 2013?  But I can't remember that far back.




On Wednesday night, most of the crowd had left and I mosied into the sanctuary to listen to the ensemble practice for Sunday.  Tommy followed me and we sat with them and enjoyed the music.

We also saw our friend Rod in the hospital, saw Tommy's doctor, and I did laundry.  No, I did not take pictures.  But next week is Bible Study again and a scheduled mammogram...along with two doctor visits with Tommy, turkey day and a scan on Tommy's pancreas.  Who knows what will show up here.  Tune in...and Happy Thanksgiving!!  Did I mention that I would not trade my life with anyone else's?  All that happens to me is designed by God for my good.  So let me live it as it comes. And again...Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment