This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

'Wheat and Weeds' - In My Garden


My yard is in desperate need of attention, although EVERYTHING green is growing well, ha ha.  They are however...weeds.  Boo.  Actually, when I examine them more closely, there are acceptable plants in and among the unwanted ones, but look how big the unwanted ones are!  (I think I remember a parable about this.)
Okay, well nope.  Nothing redeemable here.

In this case, the dead is good.

Here we find the dead coming to life.

Somewhere in there is a gardenia bush.  Really, there is.
Needless to say, I have some real work cut out for me.  I should do it before Texas heat sets in.  It looks as if someone came along and dropped these unwanted seeds in my flower beds.  Only the owner of these beds (me) knows the difference between what lies beneath, waiting to return to bloom and what needs pulling.
The Master Gardener also knows which plants are His and which are not.  I will be doing well to care for mine.  He will ultimately and permanently weed His one day.
O Lord, may I be counted among the wheat in Your fields.

Matthew 13:24-30  "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also. And the servants of the master of the house came and said to him, 'Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?' He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' So the servants said to him, 'Then do you want us to go and gather them?' But he said, 'No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.'" 

No comments:

Post a Comment