This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, March 10, 2014

Checking Out at HEB

So...I was checking out at HEB and a funny thing happened.  Funny things often happen to me at check outs.  What is that?  I like that they usually have young people working the registers because they try to be engaging and talkative.  One guy was scanning my groceries and one was sacking.  When it came time to pay, I slid my card through the machine.
HEB guy: Uh, ma'am,you just scanned your driver's license.
Me: I did?  Well that won't buy much, will it?
HEB guy: No.
Me: Do other people do that, too? (I am laughing.)
HEB guy: Um, no.
(Naturally, the transaction did not go through.)
Me:  Do you think it didn't go through because I scanned my license before my debit card?
He shrugged his shoulders.
I tried my card again and it worked and I walked out still laughing at myself.  Please tell me these things happen to you, too.  Isn't life funny?  ...I guess you had to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment