This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, January 3, 2014

We Bought A Church



We bought a church.  This may not sound like a big deal...for a church to buy a church.  Actually, the church is made up of people.  So let me start over.  We bought a building.  After meeting in an elementary school, daycare, another elementary school, a wedding chapel, Lutheran church (we are not Lutheran), another daycare, and a family life center - where we have been for ten years - we bought our own church building.
There is work to be done.  Painting, roofing, a new AC unit, and we are enjoying every moment of 'making it ours.'  May we continue to look to Him for what we need and what needs to be done.
God has been so good to provide a place for us to meet during the first thirteen and a half years of our existence. We are grateful for every Sunday we have had together in each of these places. Now we begin to meet in a place we will own...God will own.  For He owns us and we are part of His church, no matter where we physically meet.
We thank Him for our new location.  We will continue to praise His name wherever we are.
This is us:
Providence Baptist Church
3801 Preston
Pasadena, TX 77505
713-910-7887

No comments:

Post a Comment