This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Little Wisdom From Hosea To Get Me Through...

My life seems out of my control....at least it does in my head. There are a million things I should be doing - but I am choosing to write on my much neglected blog.  There will always be a 'horizonful' of things to be done, but they are not all mine to do.
However, I can allow them to leave me feeling deflated and over whelmed.   The month of January brings blues for me...I am like a balloon with a tiny hole, slowly running out of holiday zeal and leftover energy.  My house is silent and dusty...a cave for hibernation. This is not good, you know.
A couple of weeks ago, Tommy and I were in a wreck.  The fault was not ours but, boo boos happen either way.  We are thankful no one was really hurt, except my car which will survive after a few weeks in the repair shop.  My air bag and seat belt left bruises, but I am on the mend.  I try not to ask why things happen...well, at least not out loud.  God is sovereign over all and He will always do what is best for me and I find that comforting.

"Come, let us return to the LORD; for he has torn us, that he may heal us; he has struck us down and he will bind us up."  Hosea 6:1
Everything that happens to me has a purpose.  Sometimes it is hard to see and some things I may never understand, but faith in God and our Lord Jesus sustains me in the rough places.
God would rather have my love than any sacrifice I might hold before Him.  He wants my heart.
"For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings."  Hosea 6:6
I lost my mojo, my 'get up and go', my game...for a while.  But with my face toward the Lord and my spirit refreshed, I am up for all He calls me to do.  It is time to get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment