This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Church Work Day



The sanctuary




Our new church building needs a few repairs before we can pass inspection for occupancy.  (Aren't you glad that God doesn't require our bodies to be repaired before He takes residence?  Just repentance.)  My mind, body, habits, inadequacies, thoughts...all need an overhaul, and the Lord will help me to make those repairs. The visible and invisible ones.
But...back to the work day.  We met last Saturday and worker bees arrived in droves.  It was a real blessing to see so many happy people ready to break a sweat together. Below are some of the lovely faces at Providence.
David G, Daniel S, and Josh B showing up for work.

Jane in the kitchen

Rachel T and Jennifer P in the storeroom.

Kevin S and Chris G

Julie D watching little ones.

Eric M and Cris S

Hannah S and Cheryl O

Michele G, Cassie G, Tori T, Madi T, Elizabeth (Lizzie) J

David A

Barry W - the astronaut and Elder

Tommy D, Craig S, Bruce S - three Elders

Kristen J running the office that day

Dallen G, Jack J, Layton G, Sam J, Seth W, Joel W

Karen L, Amy J, Betty L, Kimberly S, Susan S

Szilvia A and Shiloh G

Me and Szilvia

Jonah T and Kasie H


Judy L on playground duty

David G and a new found friend

Brett F, our move director


Molly H and Eszter A

My old room.

My new room.  Needs work.

We have another work day coming up and I will be busy with the transformation.  I am glad that God does all the transformation work inside me.  He is the only one who can clean up that mess.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, June! Glad things are coming along well!

    ReplyDelete