This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fifty-One

We had fifty-one for Thanksgiving.  (yes...way) When Tommy and I counted them at the end of the day, we could not believe it.  Most were family with a couple of neighbors.  Crazy.  Biggest ever.  We thank the Lord for the pretty weather that allowed young ones to play outside.  Shannon had printed up color pages and work sheets for them to decorate on the patio. The children 're-did' the backyard, creating hideouts and football fields and inviting the dog behind us to come through the fence and play for a while.
Football took place inside as well, along with food and conversation. Blank paper was rolled out on the tables along with crayons so that all could write and draw what they were thankful for.  These made for sweet memories. My bathroom was turned into a beauty salon as Shannon's sister Lacey gave haircuts and girls of all ages sat on my bed and waited their turn.  I never saw this coming, but it was actually great fun.
We are grateful for our family members and the love we share.  We are a diverse bunch, but that's okay. God did not make us to be cookie cutters. (Sorry, I did not get eveyone's picture!)

We gathered together to ask the Lord's blessing.

Rose and Ken Collins (Shannon's parents)

Dominoes



Miranda and Mackenzie


Cousins Emma and Evey


Backyardigans












Jesse

Ruben


Deric

Beauty Parlor








Nathaniel finishes off the dessert.
The End



No comments:

Post a Comment