This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Backyard Bethlehem

My grandchildren love to play dress up...well at least the girls do...except for Ivy, so nevermind.  Yesterday, I talked them into recreating the Christmas story.  I bribed Luke with treats.  (Works every time.)  Resulting in the following:

The angel appeared.


Luke 1:30-31  And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.  And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 

Matthew 1:20-21  An angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." 

The innkeeper offered the manger to them.

Luke 2:7  And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.
Luke 2:8-14  And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!" 
I have no verse for this wayward sheep...illustrated in the scene below.





Matthew 2:1-2  Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the east came to Jerusalem, saying, "Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him." 

Matthew 2:10-11   When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.  11 And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh. 

Matthew 1:21  She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." 

2 comments:

  1. Greetings from San Antonio!

    Whenever I read "there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night," I picture all kinds of collies, Alsatians, Tervurens, Malinois, Shelties, etc., but that's probably just me. :-)

    ~ Susan
    Friendswood, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny! Yes, I imagine you would think that!

      Delete