This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sparrows

Let me preface this by saying it was written a couple of months ago...before the heat hit.
Each year a family of sparrows makes their home on my back patio.  I know I should clean out that birdhouse, but I am never sure when it is empty.  In the fall and winter months, my yard gets ignored and by the time Spring arrives, tiny peeps let me know to keep away so Mama can return with food. When I do sit ourside as I did today and read, Mama is in a nearby tree waiting for me to leave.  She swoops down to see if I am still there and then lights on the roof or in the nearby cedar bush.
I snapped some pictures of their house: close, then closer, then closer still.



Their cries stopped as I drew near.  It's beginning to get hot and the temperatures will only rise from here on out.  My bird bath is small, but I filled it with water...just in case.  There is an imprint around the rim on the inside. "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me."  I don't remember seeing it before, but of course I must have. (Every day is new when your memory goes.)
Anyway, it is a perfect reminder that God sees the sparrow and He also sees me.  I am eternally grateful that He does.  Reading on my patio is pleasant right now.  It is shaded in the afternoon before the setting sun overtakes the concrete. Days like this are few as summer heat approaches.


The mama was not coming around anymore and her babies were silent.  I looked over to see the intruder nearby.
He thinks I can't see his fat body hanging over that limb and he allowed me to get very close.
And then he bolted for the fence.

His eye is on that squirrel as well. 

We often miss the surprises under our noses. Look for them. 
So....what's in your backyard?

















No comments:

Post a Comment