This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Walking in the Park



Tommy and I are trying to take walks each evening in the park down the street. The city built a walking track there some years ago, but up until now we have managed to ignore it.  We have both been feeling our ages and are in need of better joint movement, so we are putting forth the effort. Some days I walk alone and I am getting to know my neighborhood a little better...and where the dogs live.
A half block from the park is a house that reminds me of the one in "To Kill a Mockingbird" where Boo Radley lived.  The bushes near the house are overgrown and cover the windows giving an uninviting look.  A bench swing sits in the yard, empty and mossy from neglect.  It looks as if no one lives there despite the truck in the driveway. No sign in the yard indicating it is vacant and for sale. There is a something sad about it, though...as if the caretaker just doesn't care anymore.  I am dreaming up a scenario for sure.


Even the tree has a knot hole in it where Boo would hide treasures for the kids.
Further up from there is a tree with a knotty root system that defies explanation so I took a picture. It looks like an underground snake with no head or tail as if it belongs in a children's book.

Every tree is beautiful to me and the ones in the park look pretty against the sky.  Traffic borders one stretch of my walk and I don't like walking on that side, but needs must and I make my way down that trail a little quicker than the others.


 As I approach my house, a tree in our own yard weaves its own highway against the sky.  I think it's lovely and quite a puzzle to try and trace each branch to its origin.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment