This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, May 9, 2016

Challengers

Do you have someone in your life that challenges you to always do your best, accomplish the goals you set, or accept the unwanted changes you are facing?  I have several friends that challenge me without even knowing it by their examples.  Others can bring out the best in us for many reasons: competition, praise, recognition - or maybe just to see them smile in approval.
As Tommy and I were walking this evening, I mentioned I was tired and did not feel like keeping our usual quick pace, but wanted more of an upbeat mosey around the track.  As soon as I voiced my desire to slow down, I quickened my pace.  Sometimes I am my best challenger.
Just when my decision is made to lighten my work load, I look for things to do.  What is that?  My youth has passed - except in my head - and age steals from me what is needed to do as much as before and yet saying "uncle" goes against my grain.
Maybe, just maybe the best is yet to come.  I can only hope and pray that the joy ahead of me will surpass what is behind.  God promises us new mercies each day, along with His grace and ability to bring Him glory.
I am not sure what these days/months/years will look like, but they will be dull over my dead body. I challenge myself each time we walk to speak to someone else.  Tonight it was a group of guys and girls playing basketball and two children on the playground with parents watching from their backyard.  This walking is taking on a new meaning.  Life is full of opportunities to make a difference. That is my plan - to make a difference for Christ every day.
Once we make up our minds to yield our energies to His work, He does the rest. Life is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment