This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, August 21, 2015

Dominoes and Choices



I don't play dominoes much, but sometimes it's fun to set them up and knock just one over to see the effect it will have on all the others.  If I do it just right, each will change its position in one way or another. We tend to think of falling dominoes negatively, when really it's just cause and effect.
Our choices, like dominoes, can set into motion a variety of events. One falls with every decision we make - therefore catapulting us (or others) in a new direction. We may not like where they lead us, but again, we are one decision away from change.
Dominoes have been falling since the Garden of Eden. We are all just ordinary people making every day choices.
There is nothing new under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 1:9   What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun. 
Yikes!  What a depressing, but oddly comforting reality.  God is not surprised by or unaware of the results of our choices.

We cannot control all that happens to us or even around us. We are, however, accountable for how we deal with things. Every event in the world can be turned to good for those that love the Lord and seek to magnify His name.
Every event.
Just remember that the next time destruction hits. Your response is also a choice.  Make it a wise one.

No comments:

Post a Comment