This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, January 16, 2015

Pick One

Every January I begin to think about what changes the year might bring.  Last year proved to be more of a challenge than I ever wanted.  But God.  (I love those words.) But God wanted me to learn some things I would never have learned had those trials not come....and soooo, I am grateful.  I am.  I am.
Monday morning I sat in my doctor's office waiting for blood work and decided to make some notes. Making resolutions has proved not to work with me, as I regard each day as a new beginning and a chance to start over with...whatever.  (This method is accommodating to my daily need for a fresh start.)
So, putting pen to paper I wrote, "Pick One."
One attitude changed.
One completed task.
One memorized verse.
One much needed contact.
One book read.
One room cleaned.
One less hour of television.
One difference in someone's life.
What would your 'ones' be?  I challenge you to make a list...and pick one.
I did not get my blood checked that day.  Instead, I left with pneumonia and a boatload of medicine. And so in these weeks of recuperation, I will fine tune my 'pick one' list.  Join me.

Philippians 3:13-14  Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,  
14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment