This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Crucifying Flesh

Galatians 5:19-26   Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. 

I am no theologian. I do strive however, to have my theology straight so that my living might glorify Him.
We recently finished a week of Vacation Bible School and Galatians 5:22 was one of our verses.  After reading the verse that followed, the words jumped off the page at me.  And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  "...HAVE crucified.."  Past tense.  If I am Christ's, then I HAVE crucified my flesh's passions and desires.  That means:
1.  My desire to have my world in perfect order - according to me.
2.  My passion for anything that I think I can't live without...yielded.
3.  My desire to have all beings in my life act the way I want them to...changed to loving them as they are.
4.  My expectations....gone.
5.  My passions....take second place..or third...better yet...CRUCIFIED.  Dead.

Oh, Lord.  Thank You for teaching me to live freely.  To love freely.  Take my passions and desires and crucify them.  This is Your very best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment