This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Are You Like Me?

I was never the brightest penny in the bank, sharpest pencil in the box, and my ducks are seldom in a row (those rascals.)  Many times I miss the point. It sails right over my head without me ever knowing it.
I don't think God is looking for those who have it together all the time.  At least I hope not.  I think He is looking for willingness. Yielded hearts will bring Him glory.  He is all about glory...and that's okay because He is the only One worthy of glory.
I think most people are like me...a little broken and inept at times.  Be thankful that God equips us for every task He puts before us. Besides - if you find yourself in a box full of pencils, only one can be the sharpest.  The rest of us just keep him company...and once he gets used, someone else becomes the sharpest.
There is a message in there somewhere, surely.

1 Corinthians 1:26 - 31   For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousness and sanctification and redemption. Therefore, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."  

Keep pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment