This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Romans

If the title leads you to believe that I am going to dissect and examine the book of Romans, then stop reading now and move on to the other things on your list.  I am instead endeavoring to just catch a glimpse of what Paul is saying in these first four chapters, as this has been part of my Bible reading as of late.  I will begin a new segment soon, but I'd like to at least maintain some sort of deeper understanding of what I just read.
I am very good at both self-exaltation and self-abasement.  Just flip the coin and one is as likely to show up as the other. However...Scripture tells me the facts of the law, and how it is to shape and mold my interpretation of right and wrong, while also informing my conscience correctly regarding the same.  No one can keep the Law perfectly.  No one but One.  Just being a law keeper does nothing for the soul, but instead puffs up the ego with self-righteousness.  It is grace from the Father that allows us to live righteously before Him with repentance that He Himself grants to us out of kindness.
    Image result for Romans 2 4
What an amazing God we have that even gives us the desire to repent of our sins unto salvation!  WE CAN DO NOTHING GOOD ON OUR OWN.  IT IS GOD WHO GETS ALL GLORY, ALL THE TIME. 

It is so very strange for me to add to this post two years later than I started it.  Today is August 27th, 2020.  I started this on September 16, 2018.  I quit writing for a spell for several reasons.  One was that I suffered a stroke.  So, who knows? Maybe I can write some thoughts again.  Funny...I am still loving Romans as much as ever.  God's Word never changes.  My brain did.

Romans 2:6-11  He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. For God shows no partiality. 

Aren't you glad He isn't partial? I am. He loves me just like I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment