This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, May 1, 2017

Two Rulers in Our Hearts

Image result for Jeremiah 17:9

There is, I hope, a fraction of maturity in admitting that my heart still deceives me...even as old age would have me hope that the wickedness in me might be abolished with time.  If only.
While sin's presence will never be found before the throne of God, it can and does dwell side by side with truth after salvation where Goodness defeats evil at its source...the heart.  While deception is a byproduct, it isn't permanently dominant. There is a battle that takes place daily.
We must be filled with God's Word and His Spirit that we might suffocate the darkness.  We can consciously choose which impetus will drive us. We are designed for worship. That is it. That is our reason for living.
Aside from worshiping our Lord God, we also at times love and worship ourselves. How easily and naturally do our desires, pleasures, and those things that make us comfortable creep in and take over first place.
Thankfully, my own weaknesses can't dictate whether or not God is on His throne.  He forever and faithfully reigns. He will have no other gods before Himself. His eternal rule is not dependent on how good or worthy I may be, or how sinful I am.
Wickedness in my heart can only exist because I allow it. O Lord Jesus, help me to be faithful in Your sight.

Image result for Hebrews 10:22

No comments:

Post a Comment