This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

May I Take Your Order, Please?


Our grandchildren can come up with unique ways to entertain themselves. Emma wanted to be waitress to our crew last week, an idea stemming from an order pad I stuck in her Easter basket.
She decided that Bella and I should be kitchen staff...hmm.  Well, I guess there are worse ideas. Actually, Bella and I work very well in the kitchen together.


Emma styled the menu and even made a 'coler' sheet for Ivy, the child customer. Ivy was delighted.
As the orders came in, Bella and I busied ourselves and filled the plates.  Emma flirted with the customers a while and then came in to pick up their food and returned for drinks. Everything all at once became a true picture of what a real restaurant's kitchen must look like.


After delivering Ivy's meal, Emma put in her own order and Bella and I were glad to be done...except not really because refills were requested.  Emma returned for them with a sandwich hanging from her mouth.  Nice.  I told her waitresses could be fired for that, but she did not seem to care.
We then fixed our own plates and by the time we were done, the dirty dishes were being brought back. I put in my resignation to be effective immediately. Surprisingly, no one showed up for dish duty...until my sweet husband/busboy walked in, took one look, rolled up his sleeves, and went to work.

Emma is great at planning, but not so hot at following through.
There is a moral to this story...but I haven't the vaguest idea what it is.
Life is good and I am greatly blessed.  Yes, that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment