This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Life.

It seems the older I get, the more I forget things, lose things, and make big blunders...but I care less about them than when I was younger.  Why couldn't I be this old when I was little? You know what I mean: Things that mattered so much before have found their proper place through time - at the back of the line.
Absentmindedness when you are in your twenties is inexcusable, but when someone asks me to do something now, I simply say, "I am writing it down, but do you mind calling, texting, emailing me because I will forget?"  If they can't be my reminder - I simply set my phone alarm and hope it will ring a bell.  
There are just so many things that will fit into my brain, and the rest spills over and leaks out my ears onto the floor.  My notebook is my constant companion.  Making lists has helped me enormously, but checking off the items sometimes happens at a snail's pace.
Last week I lost my glasses.  I looked everywhere.  They say that things we lose are in the last place we look.  Well, that's dumb.  Why would I keep looking for something after I found it? Anyway, I had them that morning, but suddenly poof!
I was talking with my daughter as I made my search. The frames are clear and easy to miss. I finally had to get off the phone and get real about this. No glasses, no driving.
Switching gears, I grabbed my mop bucket to throw out the water.  Yep, there they were. How? Who knows.  This is my life now.  I put keys in the freezer, forget if I have taken my meds for the day and so repeated the process (I now have a pill holder), and I regularly leave ingredients out of recipes.
Yesterday I worked in the yard, front and back.  I love doing this in the Fall, getting ready for these harsh south Texas winters that encourage weeds.  Anyway, as I sat down on the back patio, I looked down at my feet...and, yes I have another pair just like this one in my closet.
By the way, have you seen my notebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment