This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, November 23, 2015

BIONIC



My brother in prison has been moved.  It happened in the middle of the night without expectation. He told them it was a mistake, but they assured him it wasn't.  What was going on?
He had been teaching three Bible studies a day in the prison he was in.  Even though he was deeply depressed, he knew this was what God wanted him to do.  Suddenly he was removed from those surroundings and placed in a pre-release unit.  Yes.  A pre-release unit.
Tommy and I visited him this weekend.  It's a bit further for us to drive, but less traffic, and we like riding in the car together anyway.  So, we made the trip.
The prison is nestled in the pine trees and often deer are seen.  There are no towers with guns.  The guards are friendly and kind.  He can attend bible classes all day if he chooses.  He begins seminary in January. God has shown him favor, to say the least.  His bunkmate is a Christian with whom he can fellowship and pray.  While we were visiting, lunchtime approached.  A guard asked him if he would like a tray of food held for him until he finished his visit.  My brother just looked at me in amazement and said, "Yes, that would be very nice."
In orientation he was told they had a kind of watchword - BIONIC - which stands for "Believe It Or Not, I Care."  This is a privately owned facility, owned by one man. The man said that when his prison is no longer needed for lack of prisoners, then he will have succeeded in his endeavor.
May God bless him.
I'm not sure how long my brother will be there, but it is limited.  While waiting, he will study, learn, drink coffee outside, get a glimpse of a deer or two, and be blessed.
This is a gift from God to him. On his behalf I wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment