This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What In The World Am I Doing?

I look at that title and I give it a second gaze....I started to say that I have no idea what I am doing writing a blog.  It takes a genius to do this..I am no genius.  Kudos to all the fellow bloggers that have gone before me.  I am impressed with the monumental tasks you must have accomplished in order to write down your...whatevers.  Please tell me they were monumental.
For example, do I push "publish", "save", "preview" or "close" when I am done?  And what happens to these fragile thoughts I write if I push each one?....Nevermind...the one marked "save" seems to be taking over.  But as I give another thought to my title, I ask, "What in the world am I doing" or "What am I doing in the world?" The question then becomes a theological one....for me at least. 
I want to bring glory to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who died for me on the cross, bearing my sins and making it possible for me to know Him, love Him, and serve Him.  The older I get, the more I see that nothing matters more than that. Until He takes me home, June

No comments:

Post a Comment