This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tools of the Trade

I have this inborn love of stationery, notebooks, well-writing pens, and all manner of school supplies.  The stores are full of them at present.  I am lured to the aisles of paper by the mere sight of a box of crayons.  There are notebooks of every fashion....soft cover, hardback, wide ruled, college ruled, spiral bound, glue bound, the stenographer type that flips over, and so on. They have all called out to me countless times during my 59 years on earth....and I do mean countless. 
Long ago, we used cartridge pens..messy, but pretty.  Now you see people staring at the endless choices of pens and pencils hanging on the pegboards...not knowing which is best...and most are not cheap, so be sure and pick the one that is right for you of else you have wasted your money.  But you may be one of those that doesn't care at all and so the less expensive suffices...and so it should. 
I am trying to rid myself of such loves.  My unused box of 20 journals compared to the 10 I have actually written in over the years, nails the obvious fact that I most likely will not use them all...and so I have given some away and kept the favorites.  And now this blog thing...though you will never see my deepest thoughts and feelings written here, still it fills the need to express what I might have written in a journal had I taken the time.  The number of pens I own is obscene, but I have scaled down to about 70 and yes, I use them all....but (whispering) -  just between you and me - they keep inventing these great pens. :/
Some say I should have been a school teacher....but not having attended college, I don't think they would have allowed it.  Love the supplies, but not the tests, pressures, and schedules that come with that degree.  English is my strong suit, along with shorthand, penmanship, and geography - all that is necessary to stir my imagination and put thoughts to paper.
I need a  spiral notebook for sermon notes, a stash of note cards for encouragement because I am a "snail mail" correspondent, a journal, a calendar ....actually 2 calendars, a pen of every color, and just the right book - void of lines - to carry around and keep my life organized until it is full and it is time for another one.
I am a writer...of any and every sort.  I am loving this whole blog thing.  Just don't take me too seriously...and forgive any "faux pas" I might commit.
Faux pas means 'misstep' or 'false step' or a violation of social customs.  Wanted to make that clear....because I will most likely be committing those from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment