This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, October 5, 2017

God is Looking for People Who Can't

Image result for isaiah 45:2


Do you have any crooked places in your life? Me too. Rarely is the road ahead of me a straight and direct line, without snags and pits. There are times when all I see are corners and I am left wondering what unseen events lie hidden in the coming shadows. While they might appear to be beyond my view, they are not unknown: They have been carefully and lovingly designed by my Maker for my  good.  He has things He wants to teach me.
I might feel unequipped for the task He has given me, but just because someone else could do a better job, doesn't mean I am allowed to withdraw from trying.  There will always be someone who is better at something than I am, and at times I know there is no one worse.  It is when I feel least capable than I am most reliant on the Lord Jesus.
If God is looking for perfect people to do perfect jobs, then His power and might aren't needed. But that's not how He works. He is looking for willing people who will say, "Yes, Lord. Here am I. Send me" as Isaiah did.  He is most glorified through the weak, the simple, and those unable in their own strength.
The next time God prompts you to do what seems impossible, give it your best.  Your best is all He desires.
Luke 3:4-6  As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be made low, and the crooked shall become straight, and the rough places shall become level ways, and all flesh shall see the salvation of God." 

1 Corinthians 1:26-31  For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousness and sanctification and redemption.  Therefore, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord." 

No comments:

Post a Comment