This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, November 11, 2016

As The Spider Spun Her Web...

As I opened my window shade, the sunlight and dew made this web glisten and I could not help but snap some pictures. 
Our country elected a new leader as this spider spun her web in the secluded corner of my backyard. No angry shouts of political rhetoric fell on her ears. (Do spiders have ears?) She missed it all, and yet it happened. The world changed, just as it does every single day.  No two days are alike, just as no two people are alike.  Our world is not at peace right now, but was it EVER? And the spider spun her web.
Proverbs 30:24-28  Four things on earth are small, but they are exceedingly wise: the ants are a people not strong, yet they provide their food in the summer; the rock badgers are a people not mighty, yet they make their homes in the cliffs; the locusts have no king, yet all of them march in rank; the lizard you can take in your hands, yet it is in kings' palaces. 
The spider is not mentioned in these verses, but you get the point.  There are lessons to be learned by the behavior of simple creatures in nature.  They continue to do what they must do, regardless of the unpredictable actions and repercussions of the human race.
I will purpose to do each day all that God puts in front of me with joy and gladness and a right attitude (which sometimes needs work).  If I ever lose sight of the specifics of His call, then I must remember the verses that clearly define my roll in bringing Him glory.
James 1:27 - 2:1   Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.  
Hebrews 13:2-3   Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. 
The spider's web that begs to be knocked down remains as is...for now. It is a reminder to me to stay on task and do the next thing and be productive in a world gone mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment