This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, February 1, 2014

More Hosea

Hosea 10:1 Israel is a luxuriant vine that yields its fruit. The more his fruit increased, the more altars he built; as his country improved, he improved his pillars. 
This has been true of me so many times.  The more I am blessed, the more I look for more pleasures. I want for more.
Prophets were sent by God to warn the Israelites to turn to the LORD.  Over and over again this occurred and each time the Israelites turned to idols and anything else that struck their fancy. My, how stubborn they were!  How hard-headed! Well, people are the same in any century. I am just as stubborn, just as fickle.
There ARE no prophets today with direct words from God.  We have God's holy word now -  complete, unchanging, and eternal. There are no new revelations, except in the hearts of men who turn to Him and repent - as He reveals His truth to them.  What was true in Hosea's day is true in my day.  People still seek pleasures rather than God and still His call goes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment