This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Spring Break 2017

Spring Break came and went, but not without leaving me with happy memories. (The older I get, the more I rely on memories for entertainment and delight.) We were blessed - yes, blessed - to keep four of my grandchildren (Luke and Emma - twin ten year olds, Bella - eight, Ivy - four) and my niece and nephew (Aubrey - six and Owen - seven).  I am crazy, but these are the things in life that make it wonderful and keep me young.

The key to survival is planning and planning is what I do best. It has become a dear friend to me in times where chaos might rule.  Productive busyness is even better.  We filled pots with dirt and flowers to take home. Their chance of survival after getting there will depend on a variety of things, but at least I tried.
Scrapbooking was our next undertaking and proved to be the most popular. I had gone to Hobby Lobby the week before to gather supplies.  I put the boys on one end of my table and the girls on the other. Scissors, stickers, glue sticks, colored papers, and copy paper were pulled together and held with two notebook rings.



During Spring Break my son Luke (teaches at U of SLC) took his family to a nearby national park in Utah.  His daughter Mae - age four - fell off the bed and broke her collar bone. So the Texas bunch made her a scrapbook as well.  We mailed it right away.  Her mom texted and told me that Mae makes her read the pages over and over. It was filled with messages and wishes for recovery.


Our third and final event was not my creation, but Emma's.  We covered my dining room table with big blankets that dropped to the floor. This became the tee pee.  I can't remember the actual name of the tribe of Indians who lived there, but it was something like Monawani. (Sounds close enough.)
These Indians all had names - as in order of the names listed above - Mowie and Pocahontas, Sacajawea, Little Red Feather, Moana, and Tonto.  I realize not all of the names are original, but the original owners are dead, so who cares?  They should be honored to have their names stolen by such a cute bunch.
I gave them straws to use as peace pipes and they came out only to do an original dance created by the ballerina of the tribe, Emma.


We also went to the park down the street and shared meals and fun together. Enjoy the rest of our memories!







They were digging for marbles they had buried years ago.  They found them!

Luke and I say, "Happy Spring!"


2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blogs. Your Grandchildren, nieces & nephews are so blessed to have such a wonderful person shaping their lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Tammy! Hope you are doing well. I've not been consistent in writing. Too busy - but hopefully busyness leads to more things to write about! Love you!

      Delete